Monday, May 03, 2010

Why I Love My Son

We spent all day Sunday together, which hasn't happened in a very long time, and I had a great time with him and his sister (shout out to the friends we hung out with all day, ensuring the kiddos had buddies to play with).

My favorite moment? My son is getting out of the backseat of the car and leans over, holding a pose similar to Warrior 3, but with his standing leg bent and his arms out to the sides instead of over his head. He then says, "Mom, look! I'm a fossil!"

"A fossil?" I query, trying hard not to laugh.

"Yes," he replies. "A deinonychus fossil."

Priceless.

Then, five minutes later.

"Mom, do you know what I want to be when I grow up?"

"What?"

"A praying mantis."

Even now, I'm laughing. Oh, to be four and believe that you could grow up to be an insect! :)

No comments: